Duties and responsibilities to be performed by the Secretary:
- Attend weekly meetings of The Firing Line.
- Lead The Firing Line’s business meetings.
- Take minutes The Firing Line’s business meetings.
- Keep minutes and records of the organization in a reasonable format.
- File any certificate required by any statute, federal or state
- Give and serve all notices to members of The Firing Line
- Be the official custodian of the records of The Firing Line.
- May be one of the Trusted Servants required to sign the checks and drafts of the organization
- Present to the membership at any meetings any communication addressed to the Secretary of The Firing Line
- Submit to the Steering Committee and the membership any communications which shall be addressed to him or her as Secretary of The Firing Line
- Attend to all correspondence of The Firing Line
- Exercise all duties incident to the Office of Secretary
- Train Incoming Secretary and work with them during transition.
- Announce and/or mail information about important events and activities.
- Maintain Minutes of the Monthly Business Meeting and the Monthly Steering Committee Meeting.
- Maintain and update a strictly confidential list of home group members’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, and whether or not that person is available to sponsor or take Twelfth Step calls.
- Keep a record of the members’ sobriety anniversaries.
- Maintain an area for the display of alcoholism-related announcements, bulletins and newsletter.
- Make certain that the General Service Office and other service entities are informed , in writing, of any changes of address, meeting place or group officers.
- Make a report at the Monthly Business Meeting of the recommendations and actions of the Monthly Steering Committee.
- Serve as a reference point for Twelfth Step calls.
- Share with group members the mail from other groups and the intergroup, unless this task shall be handled by the Intergroup Representative or the General Service Representative.