Duties to be performed by the Trusted Servant responsible for leading the Sunday meeting:
- Provide your contact information (e-mail, phone) to the Alternate Trusted Servant.
- Attend all meetings of The Firing Line.
- Contact the Alternate Trusted Servant if you are not able to attend.
Before the Meeting
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before meeting starts.
- Take meeting supplies (in rolling cart) out of storage closet.
- Set up binder, commitment clipboards, etc. at the head of the center table.
- Prior to the start of the meeting, find volunteers/readers for:
- The Big Book
- There is a Solution
- Trusted Servant Statement
- A Vision for You
- Dictionary definitions
Open the Meeting
- Use the meeting script in the 3-ring binder to lead the meeting.
- Begin the meeting promptly at 5 p.m.
During the Meeting
- Set 5-minute timer for meditation.
- As members share, act as timekeeper to ensure adherence to 2-minute time limit.
Close the Meeting
- Return to script at 6:05 p.m.
- Close the meeting as per the script.
- Lead The Lord’s Prayer.
After the Meeting
- Replace all meeting-related items in cart and return cart to storage closet.
- Return pamphlet rack to storage closet.
- Ensure everyone has exited the building.
- Lock up.
- Attend The Firing Line’s business meetings.