Duties and responsibilities to be performed by the Treasurer:
- Requires accuracy, attention to detail & accountability to the Group
- The Treasurer should have a minimum of 2+ years of quality sobriety
- Be well grounded in the Twelve Traditions & familiar with Group practices
- Attend weekly meetings of The Firing Line.
- Provide up-to-date budget report at The Firing Line’s monthly business meetings.
- Making sure the basket is passed honoring the 7th Tradition. It’s recommended the Treasurer have an assistant or helper.
- Take custody of money collected after basket is passed.
- Responsible for protecting Group’s funds (Checking Account). Treasurer and another senior member open account for safety and record keeping.
- Paying the Group’s bills in a timely manner. We suggest 2 signatures on all checks or on checks exceeding a certain dollar amount.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of the Group’s funds.
- Provide up-to-date budget report at The Firing Line’s monthly business meetings. Purpose is to provide documentation of income, expense, and balance forward.
- Treasurer business meetings keep the Group informed about the financial health of the Group and aids in Group Conscience decisions.
- Train Incoming Treasurer and work with them during transition.